Naomi Stolow photography, nature, wildlife and travel

28 October 2011

The narrow, bumpy, very long and windy road

I was a very long drive between Delhi and Jaipur, on roads like the picture below. Bumpy, dusty, narrow, often crowded and seemingly endless. Our driver had very long legs, and his knees were up at elbow height as he drove. I learnt that asking how far we had to go, if we were half way, or what time we might arrive was completely pointless. So I just sat back and took in the scenes that passed by my line of vision.
This was a cafe we stopped at for chai and a snack - the people there were curious about me, and thought I was buying carpets. Lots of laughter at that place!








2 comments:

  1. Great Blog and amazing photos Naomi - makes me want to make travel plans! - have a great time on your next imminent trip to India - will you be updating your blog from there?

    Jonnynice

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jonny - thanks! Not sure if I can update with photos but hopefully diary at least and photos when back. Depends on connections - will be quite far out!
    Get booking I say! Xx

    ReplyDelete

Comments: